- This event has passed.
Symposium on Cyber Strength through Diversity (Ethnicity)
28 April 2022 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
In this symposium, attendees will hear from inspirational speakers looking at current and future initiatives aimed around increasing diversity in the cyber sector. Attendees will also be able to provide feedback into the initiative and policies going forward. The Symposium will consist of Keynote speech, invited talks, panel sessions and round table workshops.
- Simon Hepburn, CEO UK, Cyber Security Council
- Andrew Elliot, Deputy Director Cyber Security, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Daljinder Mattu, Regional Lead West Midlands, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Amar Singh, CEO Cyber Management Alliance ltd
- Prashant Pillai, Associate Dean, University of Wolverhampton
- Anitha Chinnaswamy. Lecturer Aston Business School
- and others!!
About The Ethnic Minority in Cyber (EMiC) Network
While there is a growing cyber security skills gap and high shortage in the UK cyber sector, a recent survey found that only 17% cyber professionals are from the ethnic minority background across all cyber roles. The EMiC network is a pilot network for the Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority cyber academia, professionals and businesses with the long-term aim of significantly improving representation across the cyber sector.