- This event has passed.
Interview and Soft Skills
25 March 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
About this event
Most organisations use interviews as a key part of their interview process. Interviewers not only want to know your keytechnical skills and expertise, but they are also looking to see how you communicate, share and learn from your experience, if you’ll work well with their team, if your values match the company, and more.
Being offered an interview is exciting but can be quite daunting. Many students get nervous in interviews and struggle with preparing well.
In this workshop, you will learn how to impress in an interview both from a technical and personal point of view. It will give you a greater understanding of the format and content of potential interviews, help you feel more confident and prepared for upcoming interviews, give you an understanding of what interviews are for and provide some guidance on how to do yourself justice.
Some of the topics this workshop will cover:
- Preparing for interviews,
- Dealing with nerves,
- How to research about the company,
- Dealing with expected and unexpected questions,
- Creating a positive first impression,
- Breathing techniques to control you nerves,
- Using your voice to impress
- Questions to ask the interview panel
- Handling different types of interviews
- Leaving a positive impression
- Ellen Kay, CEO Cybermind Technology Ltd.
- Prof Prashant Pillai, Director Cyber Quarter and Professor of Cyber Security
About The Ethnic Minority in Cyber (EMiC) Network
While there is a growing cyber security skills gap and high shortage in the UK cyber sector, a recent survey found that only 17% cyber professionals are from the ethnic minority background across all cyber roles. The EMiC network is a pilot network for the Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority cyber academia, professionals and businesses with the long-term aim of significantly improving representation across the cyber sector.